Traveling on a budget is an easy feat when you know how to maximize your savings. If you have followed this blog, then you know that I am kind of the myVEGAS expert. Need to save money on your stay in Las Vegas? I got you. Now I have the biggest game changer to the budget travel game – Royal Caribbean tier matches to MGM Rewards!
How Tier Matching Works
When it comes to tier matching, usually businesses work within the same industry. For example, if you love MGM Resorts and gamble there often, you can have your MGM Rewards tier get matched to a similar tier for Caesar’s properties. Or if you frequently cruise with Royal Caribbean, you can get a tier match of equivalent value with Celebrity Cruises.
But if you have looked over the rewards on the myVEGAS apps, you might have seen Royal Caribbean pop up. It’s hard to believe, but it is true! MGM Rewards will match your Royal Caribbean tier with a corresponding MGM tier. Below is a breakdown of what you can expect from your Crown & Anchor status being matched to a corresponding MGM tier.
How to get your MGM Rewards tier match from Royal Caribbean
- First have your MGM Rewards and Crown & Anchor Society account numbers handy.
- Next you are going to call MGM Resort Services at (866)761-7111 and press 5.
- Let them know that you want to tier match your Royal Caribbean account to your MGM Rewards account.
- They will need to verify with Royal Caribbean that the information is correct so they will place you on a brief hold as they verify it.
- And that’s it! You should see the tier match on your account almost immediately!
By getting your Royal Caribbean tier match to MGM Rewards, you can now take advantage of MGM member benefits like exclusive room rates and other discounts. Learn more about MGM’s tier matching on their website.
This is, however, a one-way tier match. You will not be able to use your MGM status to get a corresponding tier match with Royal Caribbean. For example, even if you are already a MGM Gold member, you will not be able to become a Crown & Anchor Emerald member. The only way to get a higher Crown & Anchor tier status is to simply cruise more!